Views
Helpful
Replies

[UDP fast age support for ACE Module]

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'm testing 2 ACE modules running A3.0.0 for DNS load balancing (UDP). We're testing this by using a DNS query generator that (always) seems to use the same UDP source port when originating these queries. At the moment, the ACE module is hardly doing any load-balancing.

It looks to me like, that because of this, the ACE believes it's the same session (connection) and doesn't really load-balance, so I started looking for a solution and found the fast-age udp feature. But, it seems this is not supported on my ACE modules. Can any one offer another solution and/or look at my config and see if there is another way to achieve load balancing in a testing environment when using a tool like the one I described?

(I put it that way because i believe in real life since queries come from different IP addresses and randomized udp ports, the ACE module will be just fine).

Thanks in advance!

c.

4 Replies 4

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

UDP fast-age is a Version 2 feature. Try upgrading. Version 1.6.3 is quite old now and there is lots of good stuff in Version 2.

HTH

Cathy

Hi, Cathy:

So, version 3.0.0 is lower than 2.1.0?

system: Version 3.0(0)A1(6.3a) [build 3.0(0)A1(6.3a)

that means that the actual version number is taken from the last part: A1(6.3.a)?

Thanks in advance!

c.

Hi Carlos,

Correct. The 3.0(0) is really misleading. You need to start with the "A" - so you really have 1.6.3a installed.

The "show version" for V2 is slightly better -

system: Version A2(1.2) [build 3.0(0)A2(1.2)

Cathy

Thanks a lot, Cathy. I'll try upgrading!

;)

Regards,

c.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: