cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable debugging for a running CSDiscovery process?

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've got problems with a discovery process that will not finish after discovering most or all of the devices . Around 6000 devices will be discovered. When I enable debugging (Discovery Framework) beside the fact that the log file will be quite large the process runs for days.

As I expect the failure to be at the end of the discovery process, is it possible to enable debugging just at the end (around 5500 devices) ? When I enable debugging a pop-up states that debugging will be activated in 60 sec, but will the currently running CSDiscovery proceess fully account for these settings?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. This problem has been plaguing us for a while. The only way to isolate it will be to enable framework debugging for the whole Discovery, then get a full thread dump when the process has locked up. The problem appears to be a thread that dies unexpectedly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: