cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 MOH

5lchaffin
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best way for my customer using the CCA to be able to add MOH to the flash when ever they want. Then rotate it with in the CCA? I was looking for the config to transfer the moh file from thier computer to the flash on the uc520.

16 Replies 16

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Simply Drag and drop the created file right onto the UC520 ICON in topology view.  It does a TFTP and puts it on flash.

Refresh the Voice Tab and you will see it there to use.

This .au or .wav extension file should be in G.711 format. The format must be composed of 8-bit 8-kHz data; for example, ITU-T A-law or mu-law data format.

Well that will be easy to do, thank you.

Can anwser these?

I have the newest version of the IOS on our UC520, The conference phone seems to freeze once in a while. I was told it would work with the latest IOS. Is there a patch or config change?

also

Next the customer is having issues with callers from the outside getting low volume. People on the inside can hear ok but callers in say that it is hard to hear the people they are calling in the company. Any thing to check or fixes for this?

A few questions:

1) What IOS version do you have?

2) WHat conference phone do you have?

3) What type  of PSTN connection do you have?

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

few questions:

1) What IOS version do you have?

2) WHat conference phone do you have?

3) What type  of PSTN connection do you have?

they have 6 analog lines comign in to the fxo ports

For the issue with the conference phone, please refer to this thread:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/2189

To control the volume through your PSTN lines, you have to use Command Line Interface (CLI):

1) On the LAN side, telnet to your UC500.

2) Enter configuration mode >>> conf t

3) Go under the specific port (or ports). You can see the numbering on the front end panel >>> voice-port 0/1/0

4) Adjust the input gain or output attenuation db levels. Remember input gain controls what the IP phone user hears, while output attenuation controls what the PSTN user hears. Also, a positive value for gain means more power (higher volume) while a positive value for attenuation means less power (lower volume).

5) You have to do a "shutdown " followed by a "no shutdown" each time you make a change to a voice port.

6) When you reach the desired balance, exit and save your config.

Try not to configure very high values. When the signal is too hot, you start running into echo problems.

More info on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/voiceport/configuration/guide/vp_troubleshoot_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Thanks marcos,

The volume is fine during normal calls.  it only drops for each of the end users during the conference.  I can hear each user, but each user can only hear me at a normal volume.

Try to play with several values of input gain and output attenuation following the guidelines on that post. I am confident you will find a good set of values that will allow you to have decent volume levels during a conference call (between remote call legs) and still a not-so-hot signal during regular calls.

Marcos

Marcos,

What would be considerd too hot?

I currently have mine set at the following:

output attenuation:-1

input gain: 4

The defaults were 3 & 0 respectively.

I'm not sure that I've noticed any real increase in volume with my current settings, but still don't want to go too high.

Brian

Go higher and you will know it is too hot if you start experiencing echo.

Thanks,

Marcos

Yeah that's basically what I've wound up doing. Increasing volume by just 1 db is all I can go.

Hopefully it help out my conferencing issue. I am having the same issue as previosly posted in this thread.

Thanks.

Brian

Hi Dan,

The volume is fine during normal calls.  it only drops for each of the
end users during the conference.  I can hear each user, but each user
can only hear me at a normal volume.

I have looked into this for you and have also spoken with one of my colleagues about this as well, basically there are two things i would like to find out if possible and you have the time to respond to it.

• Is this an Ad-Hoc conference you are setting up? Or,
  • Is this a Meet-Me Bridged Conference?

I have worked with Ad-hoc previously until i learnt how to program up Meet-Me conferencing, i have to say going to Bridged mode made a huge difference in experience to the external calling parties, i dont know why this is the case but it is something you should look at doing as a test and see if it improves the quality for you as well.

Also check and see what codec is being used during conferencing of each leg, it is just a thought but make sure that there is no transcoding taking place I.E using G729 when it should be G711, there shouldn't be and it should be using G711 but i have seen funnier things happen in the past.

The problem with raising the Gain Levels is that once you get past 4 legs to the conference call, it can introduce some real unwanted echo, or worse nasty feedback specially if someone is calling in of a VoIP service, the feedback from the VoIP line is worse as it can affect everyone in the conference.

Can you give us your feed back on how you went and what type of resolution you got to the problem, i would be interested to know if you found a good solution.

Cheers,

David.

Message was edited by: David Trad "Spelling"

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

Here is the default configuration:

voice-port 0/4/0
auto-cut-through
signal immediate
input gain auto-control -15

Here is the adjustment I have made to the configuration (configuration changes are in red):

voice-port 0/4/0
auto-cut-through
signal immediate
input gain auto-control -22

Our customers are still having the following problems, even after making the adjustment indicated in red:

• Music on Hold is too loud
  • Callers can hear noise when music on hold is played

Our customers are using SIP on the UC520. What adjustments can I make to the external music on hold port to solve this problem for our customers, who make inbound and outbound calls with SIP?

Are you using an audio file for hold music?

If so, you'll probablly have to resample the audio file and reduce the volume of it that way. The gain controls are when you are using the audio input jack only I belive.

I had that same problem with my MoH file and had to re-sample the file with lower volume to fix it. If you look at the standard MoH files that come with the UC, you'll see that they have a few different files with different dB levels. I think that is why.

-Brian

www.jaydien.com

Several of our customers are using MP3 players connected to the UC520 unit. We do not currently have any customers that use custom .au files uploaded directly to the UC520.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: