Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM Multiple Context

Gerard Gacusan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have transparent multiple context setup on FWSM. all are fine. What I'm trying to do is, I want context A be able to talk to context B and vice versa but not to context C. Any idea?

ContextA

ContextB

ContextC

3 Replies 3

Hi Gerard,

Could you elaborate a bit on what exactly you are trying to accomplish? For starters, are you talking about traffic passing *through* these contexts or management traffic *to* these contexts?

-Mike

Thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to allow traffic from one context to another. Say, vlan 100 (in ContextA) and vlan101 (in ContextB) Does it mean, it needs to leave via its lower security-level 0 to route between contexts and add outside-acl to allow traffic?

or is it possible to communicate within inside network?

I'm using transparent mode in all contexts btw.

Thanks,

Gerard

This is relevant so-called shared resources. Although, i need in Transparent mode. Should be same approach? Not sure if there are limitations ...Any idea?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm40/configuration/guide/exampl_f.html#wp1032182

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card