cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig Terror LMS3.1

Andrew.Kendall
Level 1
Level 1

I've got LMS3.1 fully patched on Solaris 10 fully patched. I'm moving the NMS Server so I need to change the SNMP Community string and ACL on every device we have (1000 mix of IOS and CatOS over several platforms). Although I've never used Netconfig before it looks fairly straightforward. Which is what worries me. As I've had direct experience of someone distributing the same config to every router on the network before, my question is: Is there a process/checklist to follow "gotten by experience" please?

3 Replies 3

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

In LMS 3.1, RME supports GOLD at both the boot level and monitoring level for the modular and fixed configuration switches.

We can turn on the GOLD feature through NetConfig for both the boot level and monitoring level

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps2425/white_paper_c11-494607.html

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the gist of your concern is about "someone distributing the same config to every router on the network" unintentionally or otherwise, that risk can be mitigated by setting up "Approvers" for NetConfig jobs at RME - Admin - Approval.

Ahhh! Interesting! I wasn't aware of this and will investigate implementing it. Thanks very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: