cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from SBCS 1.3 to SBCS 1.4

mantis32
Level 1
Level 1

Previously when upgrading the UC500, I would make room for the new upgrade by deleting the .sbn files. With the latest release, this approach doesn't seem possible anymore.

When using the CCA to do the Software Upgrade; navigating to my UC520-4.2.9 directory, the Upgrade Settings finds the SCUE-UC520-3.2.1.zip which is 128MB.

There must be a better way than deleting .sbn files to make room which clearly doesn't work anymore unless I'm going about it all wrong this time around. What better method did you use to upgrade your system to the new SBCS 1.4?

Some Stats:

Running CCA 1.9

IOS 12.4(11)XW4

CUE 3.2

Space Availalbe after deleting .sbn files - 57MB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you upgrading using the following Software pack, UC520-4.2.9.zip ?

I just tried it and it worked...

Marcos

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You can use CCA to upgrade and it should work fine. Ignore the warning saying that there isn't enough space in flash. CCA will automatically make room by deleting older versions of the firmware.

Let us know,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Doesn't happen to be the case. Pressing OK on the error does not allow me to move forward.

Attached is screenshot of the error stating file is either corrupt or not enough space.

Are you upgrading using the following Software pack, UC520-4.2.9.zip ?

I just tried it and it worked...

Marcos

What I did last time was point to the file itself. What I did this time not thinking clearly was extract the 4.2.9 zip. I retried pointing at the .zip and I'm back in business. Tnx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: