cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1.1: Unknown-duplex in UT report

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I see a number of 3700s running 12.2(33)SXH3 that all report 100M unknown-duplex. There appears to be no one-MIB-fits-all for determining duplexity. I wonder if this symptom is an IOS bug or lack of software in Campus Manager 5.1.1.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does not compute. 3750 switches cannot run 12.2(33)SXH3 code. However, there is no one-MIB-fits-all for duplex. Some devices support the CISCO-STACK-MIB, and some support the ETHERLIKE-MIB.

A duplex type of unknown will be returned if a STACK-MIB supporting device returns auto(4) for portDuplex. This is admittedly a bug.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does not compute. 3750 switches cannot run 12.2(33)SXH3 code. However, there is no one-MIB-fits-all for duplex. Some devices support the CISCO-STACK-MIB, and some support the ETHERLIKE-MIB.

A duplex type of unknown will be returned if a STACK-MIB supporting device returns auto(4) for portDuplex. This is admittedly a bug.

I got it confused with a 6509 in the same building. The 3750 is running 12.2(44)SE2 and the ports are indeed turning up portDuplex "auto".

Would you know the bug ID for this one? My search for "portDuplex" turns up nothing in the Bug Tool.

A bug has not yet been filed as far as I know.

Meanwhile, is there a BugId available for this issue -I observe the same behaviour and need this to be fixed.

I went ahead and filed CSCsy27433 for this. I created patches for CM 5.1.1.

thanks! I will go and open a SR tomorrow to get your patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: