Guest Internet Access with GRE Tunnels

Unanswered Question
Feb 19th, 2009

I need to provide guest network access at all of my remote offices. Rather than having a local ISP install DSL or something like that, I thought I could just use my existing network. The problem is I don't want guest computers on my corporate network. I think the best way to achieve this is to create a VLAN and then create a GRE tunnel through my network to my border router, so they could get to the open Internet. I think this would keep my network secure.

Is this the right way to go? Any advice would be welcome.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 02/25/2009 - 08:15

Guests are visitors to whom Internet access is extended. Guest users, once connected to the Internet, typically use VPN services to access their own corporate resources. Visitors typically require only DHCP and DNS services and need only a supported web browser (IE 6.0+, Firefox, Opera, and so on). The host organization may offer access via web authentication rather than providing dedicated modem ports or a separate physical network. The guest access profile is the default profile for unknown or unmanaged users and must also be isolated to prevent unauthorized internal access.

This Discussion