Multiple DID's to Fax-Email

Unanswered Question

Looking to see the best way to add secondary DID numbers to existing Fax to Email on UC500.  Here is an example of current DID-FAX to Email for one user.  I need to get a second DID to same user.  I can do it by adding another dial-peer voice xxx mmoip AND dial-peer voice xxx pots.  But i an wondering if I can add a secondary DID within the same dial-peer.

dial-peer voice 301 mmoip
service fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
destination-pattern 5159
information-type fax
session target mailto:[email protected]
dial-peer voice 401 pots
service onramp
incoming called-number 5159
port 0/2/0:23

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Marcos Hernandez Thu, 02/19/2009 - 19:41

This is possible by using regular expressions. For example, consider the following DID's, 1234 and 5678

you could have the following under the same dial peer:

destination-pattern [1,5][2,6][3,7][4,8]

which would match a lot more numbers than 1234 and 5678 (there are quite a few permutations), but you should be fine because your inbound calls will never have numbers outside that pair.

The same regular expression can be applied to the "incoming called-number" command. More info on:

Hope this helps,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Marcos - I still can't see how to make this work. I see the way you are grouping the numbers but I have 20 different DID I want to assign to 10 different users.  So for the first person their 2 numbers are 5159 and 2016.  So I would group them [5,2][1,0][5,1][9,6] ????

I am not sure that is right but if so - I have many other combinations for the other 9 users all of which will include similar number groupings.  How will the system know what numbers to send to what dial-peers?

Marcos Hernandez Thu, 02/19/2009 - 20:19

I see. My recommendation is better suited for when you want to group well defined ranges. But if you have many numbers, and many users, you may find collisions across different dial peers. My advice than, is that you go with individual ones. At the end, the number of peers is only limited by memory :-)

I did get this to work as you stated. I guess as long as none og the parings overlap I would be OK with this option. On the other hand if I have no limit to the number of Dial-Peers that would work also...just keep an eye on my RAM...

Thanks again.  This can be considered as answered but I dont see the option on the reply post...

Marcos Hernandez Thu, 02/19/2009 - 20:38

I have noticed that sometimes the "Answered" button disappears too. I will bring this up to the moderator.

This Discussion