cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista Client update problems.

zethcon512
Level 1
Level 1

New Vista machine that had version 5.0.00.0340 client installed, but I kept getting "Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter" errors after disconnecting from a VPN and attempting to connect to another VPN later. Notes indicated that this problem was fixed in Cisco VPN Client 5.0.03.0530.

I downloaded version 5.0.05.0280 for Vista. I first uninstalled the previous version and attempted to install the new client. However I am getting an Error 28000 telling me that I still have to uninstall the older client.

I have run "MsiZap TWA! vncclient_setup.msi" but it does not resolve the problem.

I can not install either version of the client now.

3 Replies 3

zethcon512
Level 1
Level 1

Some weird voodoo going on.

I manually searched for Cisco in the registry editor and deleted keys from old control sets. When I attempted the installation last evening I still got the 28000 error.

This morning when I ran the install, it ran just fine.

trojanbattery
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this same exact error message. I installed the latest Cisco VPN client 5.0.05.0280 on a Vista laptop and I am still getting the "Reason 442: failed to enable virtual adapter" when I try to connect to the VPN. I've reset the NIC the virtual adapter.

Also I forgot to mention I also have the UAC disabled and I followed the directions here:

Duplicate IP Address Triggers Error 442 on Windows Vista

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client500_501/release/notes/51client.html#wp1584552

Still getting the error.