Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy tone out from FXO

Hi,

I've a trouble to generate a busy-tone out from a FXO interface.

If a PSTN user calls the FXO number and the related internal number is busy on calls ( i configured a connection plar on the FXO ) , the PSTN caller does not receive the busy tone.

Any suggest ?

Many thanks

Luigi

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A connection plar never generates busy tone toward FXO.

You can use a disconnect script to play a message, and activate it with call-forward busy, or dial-peer max-conn and precedence for example.

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/disconnect.tcl

Hi Paolo,

Thank You very much for the quick reply. Do You have some sample configuration ?

Regards and many thanks

Luigi

Hi, config examples are in the script itself.

Hi Paolo,

still many thanks

Luigi

You are welcome. Please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Hi Paolo,

just to be sure I've well understood: my situation is to have a VG with several FXO port connected to PSTN and the gateway is an H.323 gtw connected to a ccm 4.3.

If I want to send each fxo to different internal IP-Phone, and considering that I see the CALLED NUMBER empty ( with debug vpm signal ) , i can just use the connection plar ?

Still many thanks

Luigi

Yes. I suggest connection plar opx, so that the FXO port answers only when the IP phone answers.

Thanks for the useful quick reply.

Can You explain better how to configure the busyout with script ? To be clear, the problem it isn't about your explaination but about my poor understanding of scripts.

In my case the call-flow is:

- call to 12345 ( public number of pots )

- forward to 75999 ( via connection plar )

Regards and thanks

Luigi

Hi,

under the voip DP for 75999, put max-conn 1.

Create another voip DP, again destination-pattern 75999, but preference 2. Configure the service there. However, that could not cove the case when 75999 is on an internal call.

The alternative, would be setting trigger-busy 1 for 75999, set CFB to say, 75900, route-pattern 75900 back to GW, configure the script in there with DP voip, incoming called-number 75900.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: