cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity additional language

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

we had UK english and French on Unity 5.x and wanted to add german. CUICA failed stating 'unable to configure default objects' and I should contact TAC. Anyone seen this and possibly know a fix?...Jeff

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

how many languages are you licensed for???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java

thanks for the reply, default license at the moment so I have upto 10 languages that can be deployed.

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

More than likely there was a failure running the upgradedatabse scripts. Look in the latest tempu_mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log to see if this is the case. If so, you can look in the \Commserver\Logs directory for the last OsqlDump_mmddyyyy_hhmmss.txt file and see if/what error is logged.

Christopher

this is the log file you are referring to, any idea what it might be?

here's the file

another file

Hmm.... from the tempu* log, it does not look like there was a problem with the upgrade scripts....

It seems from the log that this is a new install and not an upgrade, is that the case?

Are there any errors logged in the event log at the time of failure?

Do you by chance have IE7 installed on the Unity server?

Christopher,

this is an upgrade - just adding an additional language. System was running before I ran CUICA again.

No ie7 installed, will check he app log. thanks again, jeff

app log attached after failure.

There are some concerning things in the event log...

In particular, on startup, prior to running Unity setup, I see the following which indicates your system may be missing some Unity SQL stored procedures.....

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvLic

Event Category: Run

Event ID: 112

Date: 2/24/2009

Time: 07:17:13

User: N/A

Computer: (VocieMail)

Description:

Unexpected result in CAvLic::QueryS. 0x80040e14 Could not find stored procedure 'sp_FindDefaultLocation'.

Later, it looks like Unity failed running the following database script.....

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_SysConfig

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1006

Date: 2/24/2009

Time: 07:57:37

User: N/A

Computer: (VocieMail)

Description:

Cisco Unity Setup encountered an error while running configuration SQL script 'C:\CommServer\Localize\DefaultConfiguration\ENG\ENG_DefaultDatabasePrep.sql' [Error 0x80004005]

I have to wonder what state your system is in now. You might want to open up SQL Enterprise Manager and right click on the subscriber table in the UnityDb database and choose return all rows to verify your subscribers are still in the database. If they are not, there is no point trying to save this installation.

(I seem to recall earlier from looking at your tempu.log that Unity setup appeared to be doing a new install instead of an upgrade. I believe there was a line in the log that said New Install = 1)

If they are, you might want to spot check and compare the number of stored procedures in the UnityDb to a working system, it seems you are missing some stored procedures (procs) from the error in the event log.

thanks for your help, this is not a production system so i will rebuild. Thanks for your support...Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: