ISDN PRI Troubleshooting

Unanswered Question
Feb 20th, 2009

Has anyone ever run into a situation where a PRI is sending a "#" at the end of a number that is being passed to the telco. I have a situation where two of my dial-peers are forwarding a "#" after the end of the string that I appear to be forwarding. Hopefully someone has run into this before and can help me out. If it helps at all, the two peers are for 8911, and 10 digit dialing.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Nicholas Matthews Fri, 02/20/2009 - 05:38

Hi Steve,

It's coming from somewhere else, I can tell you that - I've never seen a gateway randomly add something like this unless you're running a script/application on the dial peer.

Check what the users are dialing and work with your dial plan.

slongewa Fri, 02/20/2009 - 05:40

Thanks Nick. The only difference between these calls and the ones that go through successfully are that the numbering plan shows up as "unknown" when I watch the call via debug isdn q931. Would this make a difference?

Nicholas Matthews Fri, 02/20/2009 - 06:15

Hi Steve,

It could absolutely make a difference. Providers can be very picking about the numbering plan/type, and will reject calls based up on it.

slongewa Fri, 02/20/2009 - 07:11

Can I then use a translation-profile to change the numbering plan of the number that I am forwarding to the telco?

Ayodeji oladipo... Fri, 02/20/2009 - 06:00

why dont you do a test call yourself. Then run debug isdn q931..Also take ccm traces and post here. Lets have a look.

In clude the calling number and the called number plus the time of the call.

This Discussion