Unanswered Question
Feb 20th, 2009

Hi People

I have a CME with n CUVA on 2 sites. I want to limit the bandwidth to permit 2 or 3 video calls between sites. I have endpoint tandberg that I don't want limit video calls between their!

It's possible to create samething like CAC on CME?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
testeven Fri, 02/20/2009 - 17:07

It's possible, but you'll need a Gatekeeper for that.

You can use a Distributed Unified CM Deployment where a Unified CM cluster or Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (Unified CME) is located at each site. Each CME will register with the Cisco IOS gatekeeper and queries it each time the agent wants to place an IP WAN call.

Hythim Ali El Hadad Sat, 02/21/2009 - 07:33

Cisco IOS software has a built-in CAC mechanism with the call threshold interface command. This feature limits both inbound calls and outbound calls for a specific interface on the Unified CME router once a maximum threshold has been exceeded. For example, the following command causes calls from GigabitEthernet0/0 to be rejected after the number of simultaneous inbound/outbound calls exceeds five. Calls are then allowed once the maximum number of simultaneous calls falls below 3.

call threshold interface GigabitEthernet0/0 int-calls low 3 high 5

The benefit of this feature is that it does not require gatekeeping and can operate across multiple dial-peers.

Best Regards

This Discussion