cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CALL FORWARDING TO PSTN FAILS

symonphares
Level 1
Level 1

I am using an E1 isdn pri line for my ccme but call forwarding to a PSTN number fails if the call to be forwarded originates from the PSTN.

When i activate call-forward all, callers from PSTN gets a fast busy tone instead of being redirected to the PSTN number the call has been forwarded to.

When i call the same extension from another internal extension, the call forward is successful.

help please

17 Replies 17

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take "debug isdn q931" with "term mon" when attempting a CFA from pstn.

ronalddiane
Level 1
Level 1

I'd want to know if you define the call-forward pattern in telephony-service mode. If you've not done yet, please do it now.

conf t

telephony-service

call-forward pattern .T

Ronalddiane, if the OP had not configured a correct transfer-pattern already, also forwarding for internal calls would not work, instead it does.

Hi

I have a similar problem , where the call forward works from the internal number and it dones not work from the external number, the debug ISDN q931 shows " Incomplete number "

Good CALL

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0x89

Exclusive, B1

Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x0080, '205788388'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '0611818625'

BAD CALL:

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0x89

Exclusive, B1

Progress Ind i = 0x8283 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x00A3, '205788388'

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '0611818625'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Sending Complete

004493: Feb 26 06:01:24.020: ISDN BR0/0/1 Q931: RX <- STATUS pd = 8 callref = 0x92

Cause i = 0x82E41E - Invalid information element contents

Call State i = 0x01

004494: Feb 26 06:01:24.096: ISDN BR0/0/1 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x92

Channel ID i = 0x89

Exclusive, B1

004495: Feb 26 06:01:24.816: ISDN BR0/0/1 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x92

Cause i = 0x879C - Invalid number format (incomplete number)

Any help will be greatful !

Thanks

ARIF

Someone somewhere must have solved this problem, help out, its running out of hand please.

Symon: you have not sent the "debug isdn q931" that had been asket. You cannot be helped if you do not send it.

Arif: try

interface bri x/y/z/

isdn map address . plan unknown type unknown

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the suggession, it did not help , i have attached the config of cme and the log when i enable CFD and when i call the phone directly. ( debug isdn q931 & debug voice ccapi inout)

Request you to verify and let me know if you find some issue in the configuration.

Do you think this would be problem with the telecom provider ?

Thanks again & await for you reply.

ARIF

Command is:

isdn map address . plan unknown type unknown

not

isdn map address plan plan unknown type unknown

Hi all the good people, see attached the output for debug isdn q931 from my ccme router when i make a call to a number with cfa activated.

Would appreciate any suggestion leading to the correct solution of the problems.

Thanks in advance.

Which exact IOS are you using?

Please take another trace enabling also "debug voice ccapi default"

here is my debug voice ccapi default output.

i will try out this tht helped out my friend n see the result.

Hi bevilacqua

The CFD challenge has been fixed now after applying the command on the BRI interface

Thanks for your prompt support and right solution.

ARIF

Hi,

I have one more clarifcation with regards to the CFD.

How can i enable CFD to the Secondary number alone ( DID NUmber ), indeed i have tried using the command on ephone-dn "no foward local calls" , if i do this , then extenal call forward is working fine, but if call the phone on the internal number from internal phone , it gives fast busy tone.

Please help, and let me know how can setup the CFD only on the external number.

ARIF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: