cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWDM-SFP-xxxx= in ASA5550 and CSS11503

tomasz.tuzimek
Level 1
Level 1

I want to buy ASA5550 and CSS11503 to primary DataCenter and connected over CWDM to second DataCenter where there will be the same devices but I don't know if I insert directly CWDM-SFP-1470= to ASA5550 it will be work. The same concern CSS11503??

I saw that ASA5550 and CSS11503 support only standard SFP (LH/LX SX). There is nothing about SFP CWDM. Maybe someone has got experience with CWDM and both devices(ASA5550 and CSS11503).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Like you indicate, the CWDM Compatibility Matrix Sheet does not indicate current compatibility between ASA and CSS products and CWDM optics modules.

One option would be to use a set of transponders to convert your grey optics to a colored optics;

Cisco 2-Channel SFP WDM Transponder

<https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6575/product_data_sheet0900aecd80395a59.html>

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Like you indicate, the CWDM Compatibility Matrix Sheet does not indicate current compatibility between ASA and CSS products and CWDM optics modules.

One option would be to use a set of transponders to convert your grey optics to a colored optics;

Cisco 2-Channel SFP WDM Transponder

<https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6575/product_data_sheet0900aecd80395a59.html>

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

hi,

Do you already have CWDM? If yes then as mentioned in other post can use a transponder

Otherwise if distance permits and you have extra fiber pair, you can think of connecting directly.

Distance between both DataCenter is about 15000meters and even I have 2 links from FiberChannel switch to CWDM-MUX8A.I haven't got system CWDM yet. I must buy this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: