cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Click-to-Call Permissions

liwhittall
Level 1
Level 1

I was wandering if anyone knew what permissions are required for Click-to-call to function properly. I installed the widget on a enterprise domain machine, and it worked fine as long as I (a user with admin privs) was logged in. However, once the machine's user (user privs only) logged in, the widget loaded (systray icon) but the plugins for Outlook, IE, etc didn't load and so the dial context menus were absent. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

what I've heard form our PC-software guru is that the Cisco Clients are only installed for the logged on user. So you have to reinstall the Widget for the other user one more time.

Reg.

Johann

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

You need for this user to be created and associate this device with this user.

Wish thsi be helpful

Hi,

what I've heard form our PC-software guru is that the Cisco Clients are only installed for the logged on user. So you have to reinstall the Widget for the other user one more time.

Reg.

Johann

Hi Johann,

So if I understand, the machine user has to install himself the widget under his session to have the context menus installed correctly. But, our users are not local admin of their machines. So he cannot install itself the widget. And if an admin installs it on the user's machine, when the normal user is logged in, he does not have the context menus.

So, anyone has an idea?

Thank you.

Yorick

Yorck,

To ge the widget to work for our domain users, I (as a local admin) had to give the user temporary admin rights. Install the widget under thier account, then restore their rights (remove admin priv). It was time consuming, but it worked.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Indeed it could work, but we have more than 1000 users!! You understand we cannot use this workaround ;).

Apparently, it's a known bug fixed in a ES version. I just opened a TAC case to get this version.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&topicID=.ee835d2&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2ff8d

Yorick

Thats good to know, I'll have to open a case to get that version as well.

Thanks for the info!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: