cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB for Supervisor Engine 6-E

g.lafreniere
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what MIB I can use for a Catalyst 4500 Supervisor Engine 6-E? I've been looking in the MIB locator at cisco.com and can't seem to locate one that supports the Supervisor 6-E. If anyone knows please forward this on to me. Thanks.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To find the list of MIBs supported for cat4500e-entservicesk9-mz.122-50.SG1.bin (for example), send an email to mii@external.cisco.com with cat4500e-entservicesk9-mz.122-50.SG1.bin in the body. You should receive an automated response containing the list of MIBs.

I was unable to get any info from mii@external.cisco.com, it just came back with a message that said MIIM failed to find any MIBs in this image. The image we are running is cat4500e-ipbasek9-mz.122-46.SG.bin. I am unable to find any MIB's that will support Catalyst 4507R-E running a Supervisor Engine 6-E. I even looked into the most recent IOS version, but it seems the Supv engine 6-E is just not supported. Any suggestions?

I just added support to MIBs In Images for this platform. Resend the email.

jclarke:

I resent the e-mail to mii@external.cisco.com and see now that our image is supported by 93 different MIB's. Thank you. What should my next step in the process be at this point? Should I reload and extract the tar file and see if our issue is resolved, or is there something else I should try? Thanks for your support.

You can download all of the MIBs listed in the email from ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/ . You can then load those MIBs into your management application by following the procedures at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b4cee.shtml .

jclarke:

I've got all the MIB's downloaded that were listed in the e-mail from ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/ as you said to do. I then followed the link to attempt to load the MIB's into Cisco Network Assistant at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b4cee.shtml, as you said to do. The only problem I'm having right now is this link shows us how to load the MIB's into a third party NMS and not Cisco Network Assistant. Is there a procedure somewhere that can direct us on how to get the MIB's loaded into CNA?

I do not think you can load MIBs into Cisco Network Assistant. It should have all of the support it requires already. What problems are you seeing in CNA?

When we have CNA open and are looking at the topology view of our switches, you should be able to right click on a device and select "Device Manager" and it will take you to a Dashboard GUI Interface. It is a very useful function to have. We are unable to do this with our Catalyst 4507R-E Supervisor engine-6 switch. When you right click on the 4507R-E and select "Device Manager", it then takes you to an HTML page. When you get to this page and select "manage the switch through GUI-interface application" it takes you to an error page at Cisco.com that says "the page you have requested is not available". We have been trying to get some kind of fix in place that will allow us to use the GUI based application with our 4507R-E Supv-6 switch but have been unsuccessful up to this point.

It looks like you already have a TAC service request open for this. You should continue working with them to resolve this. I do not use CNA, and I am not certain what the problem could be. However, the page CNA redirects you to may be an important clue. The URL may give some idea of what information the page should have displayed.

I understand. Unfortunately the other person who was working the TAC service request hasn't contacted me in days after several attempts to contact him. Also, he was the one instructed me to download the MIB's and try to put them in CNA, which as it turns out was incorrect. Is it possible for me to get the current case closed and have a whole new case reopened and worked by a different engineer? It seems as I have come to a point where I have nowhere to go from here.

You can always contact the Global Contact Center agent, and have your service request requeued, or have the engineer paged.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco