Views
Helpful
Replies

passive - distribute-list help!!!!!

mguzman4158
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a situation and I need help. I don't want the WAN router to learn a subnet that is coming out of two LAN routers (10.10.10.0/24) and let other ones through (see diagram) I was thinking about passive-interface with a distribute-list, but because of the type of switches (Cat6k-MSFC2) I don't know how to apply it. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Cheers!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mauricio,

Per your diagram, you will apply the distribute-list in under the EIGRP process in the WAN router, pointing to the interface that is connected to the L2 switch.

The list will reference an ACL that blocks 10.10.10.0/24 and then permit any

Please refer to the documentation on the syntax:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/command/reference/irp_pi1.html#wp1018093

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mauricio

I believe that there is some confusion in your question. You say that you are thinking about using passive-interface with a distribute-list. But passive-interface does not work with distribute-list. If you have passive-interface then the router learns no routing updates on that interface. With a distribute-list the router can learn certain routes through the interface but does not learn certain other routes. From your description I believe that you need distribute-list and not passive-interface.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick, now where and how would apply the distribute-list?

Cheers!

Mauricio,

Per your diagram, you will apply the distribute-list in under the EIGRP process in the WAN router, pointing to the interface that is connected to the L2 switch.

The list will reference an ACL that blocks 10.10.10.0/24 and then permit any

Please refer to the documentation on the syntax:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/command/reference/irp_pi1.html#wp1018093

HTH,

__

Edison.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card