Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Enable Radio

rechard_david
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i had Cisco Airronet 1250.but i cannot create i mean when i connect on webconfig i go to option NetworkInterface->Radio0-Not install( the letter is disable) . I would like to ask you how can i activate Radio0 to Enable?

Please see in the attach fie.

Best Regards,

Rechard

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How are you powering the AP1250?

If you are using a standard PoE switch (15.4W) then both radios will be disabled because the AP1250 requires a minimum of 18.5W (enhanced PoE).

You have three choices of getting this AP powered up:

1. Detach one of the two radio modules;

2. Power Injector for AP1250; or

3. Enhanced PoE switch like the 3560-E & 3750-E.

Hope this helps your issue.

Hi Rechard,

Just to add a note to the great tips from my friedn Leo (+5 points Leo)

One thing to note that on the newer IOS's the Radio's cannot be enabled until the SSID is set. You may have been seeing this result;

Changes to the Default Configuration-Radios Disabled and No Default SSID

In this release, the radio or radios are disabled by default, and there is no default SSID. You must create an SSID and enable the radio or radios before the access point will allow wireless associations from other devices. These changes to the default configuration improve the security of newly installed access points.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/b38jebrn.html#wp147963

Troubleshooting 1250 Series Autonomous Access Points

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=WLAN%20Radio%20Standards&topicID=.ee6e8c2&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd232f8

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the ratings Rob.

Hey Leo,

You are most welcome! Keep up the great work here.

Cheers!

Rob

If you issue the SHOW VERSION command at the CLI you should get something like this...

cisco AIR-AP1252AG-E-K9 (PowerPC 8349) processor (revision A0) with 49142K/16

384K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FCZ1146P0EK

PowerPC 8349 CPU at 533Mhz, revision number 0x0011

Last reset from power-on

1 Gigabit Ethernet interface

2 802.11 Radio(s)

I suspect you will be missing the line that says '2 802.11 Radio(s)', so this is probably not a power issue as the radios should still be visible in the browser and in the CLI. They will be disabled if there is not enough power but you can still configure the radio interfaces.

I suspect that the interfaces will not be visible via the CLI so there must be a problem with either...

a] Both radios

b] The chassis

I suggest you check that the radios are securely fastened to the chassis and power up the AP again to see if the radios are visible.

You could also try reinstalling the IOS on the AP.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card