Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity MCS server

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a CCM running on 7825-MCS server, and I'm in a middle of migration process, so I want to reuse this same 7825-MCS server as a backup (failover) for my current 7825-MCS unity server

it's a 7825-I3 server

what's else other than the failover license i need to purchase

my second question is how many voicemail users can these both MCS-7825 servers in this case support?

is it 1000 users only?

can i have a solution using these two 7825 servers to support more than 1000 users

thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi,

You will need only to add the failover license to the primary one, then run the failover wizard on both servers, and the SQL will replicate the license [ as supported number of subscribers on both ]

Also simply if you need to support more subscribers, you'll then not going to the failover option, use each server alone on your network, different cti ports, different license...etc

Wish this be helpful

Best Regards

thanks for ur response

but in this case how to integrate two unity systems together since the unity systems in my case is for one enterprise and users need to exchange mesages between each others

thanks

Hi,

To reply to your capacity question -

VM on-box message store unity 5.0/7.0 - 1000

VM on-box message store with IMAP unity 5.0/7.0 - 500

UM/VM off-box message store unity 5.0/7.0 (Exchange/dominos)- 1000

Using these two servers you can not support more than 1000 users because unity failover is active standby and not active active. Unlike Unity Connection 7.0, Unity does not supports Active Active nodes.

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: