Views
Helpful
Replies

Boss / Secretary

Afragoso2009
Level 1
Level 1

DOes any body has a solution for the following:

A boos has a secretary I want all call to came trought the secretary , bu secretary must to khow when the boss is free or busy at phone.

7 Replies 7

Hi,

You can use IPMA [IP phone manager assistant]

the secretary will receive all calls except those filtered by the boss, also he could intercept any call that he can see all ringing calls on the secreatary phone, and the secretary is monitoring her boss so she can know his status

wish this be helpful

Best Regards

there are many other options if all you need is to know the status of the line

use a shared line

configure BLF if available on your version

BTW: always provide version, features and configs are not the same in all version!

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

One standard way we are using:

Secretary: Line 1 (Number 1234)

Boss: Line 1 (number 4411)

Line 1 is Call Forward All to 1234

Only the secretary is able to call the Boss (4411)

The Boss could handle if he would like to get the calls or not.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Here is what I have done recently using CUCM 6.1 and Unity Connection 2.1.

Boss Phone:

1. Set up Do Not Disturb softkey

2. Set up Intercom to secretary

3. Set up a Unity Connection Call Transfer Rule to transfer all unanswered calls to secretary during working hours. If not answered by secretary call goes to boss's voicemail box.

Secretary phone.

1. Set up speed dial busy lamp field to boss's phone.

2. Set up Intercom to boss's phone.

This setup is simple and seems to work quite well. If the boss does not want to answer calls he uses the do not disturb button to disable the ringer on his phone. Calls will then go to the secretary.

The speed dial BLF allows the secretary to see the status of the boss's phone.

Intercom allows them to talk to each other.

It can be useful to reduce the call forward no answer timer on the boss's phone to get the calls to the secretary a bit quicker when do not disturb is active.

I noticed that BLF sp would not show anything when the DN monitored is ringing.

That is anoying as in a Secretary/manager implementation, the secretary would not know that the manager DN is ringing.

The secretary has to wait until the no answer forward time out redirect the call to the secretary DN.

Is there a way to tune this in the service paramater ?

I also wonder if it exists a kind of "DND forward" . What i mean is, is it possible to configure a forward destinattion so the calls are redirected to a DN (secretary) when the manager press the DND button?

In my situation

CCM ver 6

Secretary - CIsco 7911 IP Phone

Boos - Cisco 7970 IP Phone

The secretary mus to know when the boos is Busy

You need to replace the 7911 with a normal phone, recommend minimum a 6 buttons.

The 7911 is a bad choice for admins, exactly because it doesn't let you do any of the things adminis typically do - monitoring, intercom, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: