Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices in Pending State

baradasabut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2000 devices added to the Common Services Server. From Common Services, we have managed to import all the devices to the RME. After import operation, all these devices are visible in Netconfig and Software Management section. But, in the RME->Devices->Device Management, all the devices are in the “pending” state. There is no change in the “pending” state for last 7 days.

At present we are using CS 3.0.6 and RME 4.0.6.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of the pdshow command.

Hi Clarke,

Sorry, Couldn't reply u in time. I am enclosing the "pdshow" output for ur reference. There are two files, as we have two RME servers.

This could very well mean that RME is unable to contact these devices.

Can you check in the device centre if you can contact these devices, e.g. test some protocols, do an snmp walk etc.

Maybe the RME server are not in an acl allowing them to manage the devices

Cheers,

Michel

I don't see any problems here. But you have restart Daemon Manager at least twice since reporting this problem.

Go to RME > Admin > Device Mgmt > Device Management Settings, and disable Auto Manager from DCR. Then, delete all of the devices from RME under RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices. Then click the Add button, and add one device from DCR to RME. Does it become managed?

Hi Clarke,

I followed ur input and most of the devices are now become managed. Some (less than 5%) still in pending state. How to trobleshoot these devices? I mean how to figure out whether it is a network related or LMS related problem. Which log file to analyze?

Thanks for all the help.

There could be an inventory collection problem with these devices. Please post the IC_Server.log.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: