cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stopping messages from being sent to the user's Outlook Inbox

morioka
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with Unity 5.x and it is integrated with Exchange 2003. How can you allow message storage on the Exchange server but stop the emails (with the .wav mail message) from being sent to the user's Outlook inbox?

3 Replies 3

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you change the message folder you will also effect the behavior Unity via the phone. The only difference between a Unity message and regular email is the header. You could set up a rule to move them to a different folder, but your message count and mwi could be effected.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

If you would prefer to have a "voicemail-only" implementation that uses Exchange as the backend store, here are some steps you can take:

1. Create a new COS that disables in the features section text to speech and faxmail. You may want to create a separate voicemail only user template for importing the user as well.

2. Create a new user account, we use vm-xxxxx for the user's phone extension

3. Import the user into Unity

4. Then hide the user from the GAL. Or this can also be accomplished in the user template.

Ginger

Hi Ginger

first point above looks clear to me ( will be enough to stop sending emails to te users) i mean if change the COS and disable the text-to-speach and faxvoicemail will be fine to stop sending emails??

also can you please describe the other points in a bit more details becuase i cant understand why we need to creat a new user and how to hide GAL

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: