Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA & Service URL's

mattepps645
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We have recently built a CUCM 6.1(2) Cluster in the Lab using the output from the DMA Tool run on a Customers CCM 4.1(3) Publisher as part of an upgrade. The migration from the CCM 4.1(3) cluster to the CUCM 6.1(2) Cluster will be a phased migration and once the CUCM 6.1(2) Cluster is installed, Inter-Cluster Trunks will be set-up between the two Clusters. The new CUCM 6.1(2) servers have new IP Addresses and Hostnames.

The new Cluster appears to be working fine under test except we have found one issue as described below:

The Service URL's seen in User Device Profiles for Extension Mobility for instance contains an IP address from the CCM 4 Cluster. When the EM login Sevice is attempted the attempt obviously fails as the CUCM 6 Server has a different IP Address.

So far the only way we can see to get round this is by logging into the Users "User Web Page" and un-subscribing then re-subscribing to the EM Service.

A simliar situation exists for the Users Personal Address Book.

Can anyone suggest a way of getting round this rather than having to login in as every User and un-subscribe then re-subscribe to the required Services ?

Many thanks,

Matt

3 Replies 3

todd.carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matt,

I'm running the same upgrade in my lab i was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

I'm having issues pulling the DMA info to the server that we are upgrading.

I'm using FTP to retrive it. Am i sposed to be downloading the tar file?

Any info you got would be great, maybe you can tell me how you retrieved the file?

Hi Todd,

there are a number of ways of retrieving the DMA TAR file during a CUCM 6 build.

If you have a USB key that is formatted such that Linux can read it then that is perhaps the simplest way to import the data. Simply plug the USB drive in, boot the server with the install DVD inserted and follow the prompts.

Altermatively and perhaps most usually FTP or SFTP is used. A simple freeware FTP server can be used on a Laptop or PC in the Lab to act as the source host for the TAR file information.

I would suggest it wouldn't be possible to store the TAR file on the Windows Desktop of the CCM you are upgrading and hoping to install the TAR file from there during the CUCM 6 build process.

The Link below is the "Upgrading to CUCM 6.1(2) from CCM 4.x" guide. Hopefully this will give you some pointers to help you on your way.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/6_1_2/upgrd612.html

There are simliar guides for upgrading CCM 4.x to CUCM 6.1(3) and UC 7 at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Best wishes & good luck,

Matt

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

can't you just update the ip phone service, change the ip-addresss and press update all subscriptions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: