WCCP works locally, not remotely?

Unanswered Question
Feb 23rd, 2009

I've got some WCCP issues that don't seem to make sense. I've got a 7609 with a FWSM in it, and WCCPv2 enabled. I've also got a Content Engine directly connected, and it has the 7609 in router-list 1. I have the Content Engine set up to use an external Websense server, with client IP spoofing enabled. If I put "ip wccp web-cache redirect in" and "ip wccp 95 redirect out" on the outside Vlan interface from the FWSM, everything works just as I would expect... traffic gets filtered based on the IP address of the Vlan interface. If I add another router's IP to router-list 1, however, web traffic seems to die. A "show ip wccp" shows that it's connected to the content engine, but I never get a response for any standard http requests.

Routers 1 and 2 are configured like this:

ip wccp version 2

ip wccp web-cache

ip wccp 95

interface VlanX

ip wccp web-cache redirect in

ip wccp 95 redirect out

The content engine is configured like this:

wccp router-list 1 ro.ut.er.1 ro.ut.er.2

wccp port-list 1 80

wccp web-cache router-list-num 1

wccp service-number 95 router-list-num 1 port-list-num 1 application cache hash-source-ip match-source-port

wccp version 2

wccp spoof-client-ip enable

I'm not using the L2-redirect option, so I'm not entirely sure why it's not working. In the above scenario, traffic from the Vlan on router 1 works, and doesn't work on router 2. The only difference I can see is that the content engine is connected to a GigE port on Router 1. Any thoughts?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion