cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186/188 Device Default and Phone Button Template error

e.giron
Level 4
Level 4

When I tried to update the Device Default and Phone Button Template for the ATA 186/188, it displays 1 Line and 9 Speed Dials. If I try to copy that Softkey Template I can only add 1 Line and 9 Speed Dials, so the Line2 on the ATA is unconfigurable - gives the option to dial out only not dial in - Call Manager 4.2.3 SR2

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Edil,

This question has thrown us all at one time or another. The Second Line on an ATA is actually added/configured as a completely seperate device just using a modification of the original mac address.

Use this procedure to add the second port on the Cisco ATA 186 to Cisco CallManager.

Drop the first two nibbles of the MAC address and shift the MAC address to the left, then add 01 to the right end of the MAC address. For example 00070EA26032 is port 1 and 070EA2603201 is port 2.

From this good albeit "older" doc :)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_configuration_example09186a00800a892f.shtml#con4

Hope this helps!

Rob

The port 2 shows up just fine and I can configure it, I'm having a problem with the softkey template, showing 1 Line and 9 Speed Dials instead of 1 Line and 1 Line. I downloaded all the software from the Cisco Site and did and Update on the Device Defaults page, but it doesn't change the Softkey Template, this is causing my errors on Line 2 I belive.

Thanks for the quick tip Rob! I was just about ready to configure a couple atas and forgot what the trick was.

cheers!

Thanks for this Rob. This helped me out a lot. I still don't think it's a wise setup from Cisco though but hey...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: