cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Emergency Responder ERL imports

billkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

I need to import a couple of thousand ERLS into CER 7.0 (large business has ERLS down to the room level).

I've been testing the ERL import tool to try to make sure a large import will work, but even with one record, I get the following output:

Number of Records Inserted: 0

Number of Records Failed validation:0

The end result is that the ERL is not added. I looked through the logs and see this in the CERAdmin logs:

458: Feb 23 12:47:09.961 EST %CER-CER_SYSADMIN-3-ERROR:Failed to read Building Tag fileFile not Found /usr/local/CER/nena_msag_records/validate.txt (No such file or directory)

459: Feb 23 12:47:10.437 EST %CER-CER_SYSADMIN-3-ERROR:Status message from ERL import

460: Feb 23 12:47:17.381 EST %CER-CER_SYSADMIN-3-ERROR:Failed to read Building Tag fileFile not Found /usr/local/CER/nena_msag_records/validate.txt (No such file or directory)

461: Feb 23 12:47:17.626 EST %CER-CER_SYSADMIN-3-ERROR:getFields: null

So it looks to me like it's trying to look for the non-mandatory Building Tag field in the validate.txt file and failing.

Does anyone know how I get around this--what to put in the file to get it to skip the Building Tag file?

Or does anyone have a sample import file that works, so I can follow the format?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Building Tag field can be used if you want to import MSAG fields from Building Tag file. The location of building tag file is

>>%cerroot%/nena_msag_records/validate.txt. We cannot add any new fields in the validate.txt file.

Import ERL Data:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/respond/res13/admin13/e911page.htm#wp1015419

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: