cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieving certificates from ACS SE

cdalrymple
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 1112 ACS SE devices running 4.1.1 that I need to upgrade to 4.2. Since the upgrade involves ghosting a new image to the drive, I will loose any certificates that are on the SE's. Is there any way to transfer the certificate from the SE to an FTP or other server prior to the upgrade?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

The procedure to upgrade your appliance indeed requires you to reflash your ACS SE to the new 4.2 image on the DVD, but it also states that if you save the backup of the 4.1 version of your ACS you can later on backup this 4.1 backup into the 4.2 appliance by selecting the 4.1 backup option which will make the appliance to migrate from 4.1 to 4.2 this should keep your certificates.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

The procedure to upgrade your appliance indeed requires you to reflash your ACS SE to the new 4.2 image on the DVD, but it also states that if you save the backup of the 4.1 version of your ACS you can later on backup this 4.1 backup into the 4.2 appliance by selecting the 4.1 backup option which will make the appliance to migrate from 4.1 to 4.2 this should keep your certificates.

Thank you, I will try that. I didn't know if the backup backed up the certs or not.

Thanks.