cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

activating Call Handler manually

julio
Level 1
Level 1

I want the operator to be able to transfer calls into one of two call handlers that I created.

When we try to do this, the calls do not transfer to the Call Handler. The call Handler is ignored.

When I dial the extension for the call handler, the call handler works fine. I'm not sure if this is by design or if this is supposed to work another way. I tried to transfer my phone to the Call Handler and when i called my number, I didn't get the CH.

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Julio,

Are you 100% sure that the transfer coming into Unity is actually reflecting the destination extension you believe it is? I would run Call Viewer tool from the Tools Depot and make sure that the proper # is being forwarded into Unity which matches the call handler that you expect to be hitting.

Brad

Yes it is. I gave the CH the extension 111 and when I call that extension the call handler picks up and all the options in the Caller Input page work.

If I set my phone to CFwdAll to 111 the calls are not routed to the CH. Instead, I end up on my Unity VM box.

When my number is not being forwarded, and I call my number and then transfer the call to 111, the CH kicks in. So why is it that I have to use Transfer and CFwdAll does not work.

By default, Unity routes calls based on First Redirecting ID. You can change that in the Advanced Settings Tool which is found in the Tools Depot.

See the following setting:

Conversation - Route by last redirecting ID

By default Unity routes forwarded calls based on the first redirecting Id. Setting this value to "1" will force Unity to, instead, use the last redirecting ID.

NOTE: Not all integrations provide both first or last redirecting Ids. If Unity is configured to route on one and it is not provided but the other is, Unity will instead route by the number provided.

If the value is 0 or missing, Unity routes by the first redirecting ID

If the value is 1, Unity routes by the last redirecting ID.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: