cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4) OS upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We have a Unity 4.0(4) that is running on a Windows Exchange 2000 OS. We want to upgrade the OS to 2003. Is this as straight forward as upgrading the OS and rebooting the server? Does anyone have any experience with this? Any feedback would be great.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately no, OS upgrades requires a wipeout from the server and a fresh install from the OS. then restore unity.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Wow that is so upsetting. We also want to upgrade this server from 4.0(4) to 4.2. In your opinion, what is the best approach to accomplish the move from Unity 4.0(4) on windows 2000 to Unity 4.2 on windows 2003? Could we possibly do something using the COBRAS tool?

Thank you for the feedback Java.

Much obliged.

yeah i know, saying upgrade sounds as simple as just running the upgrade file and then end up with a new version but when it comes to the OS in Unity since they made several changes in core files used they do not play well after an upgrade, that's why you need to fresh install... not sure if that technically counts as an upgrade...

official support for COBRAS starts with 4.0(5) but i believe that i saw in some post by Lindborg that it could work in any 4.0(x) version. i have only used it on versions that are supported but well, if Lindborg says it should work you can give it a try. try searching for cobras + lindborg at netpro and maybe you can find that post

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks again Java. I will look into that post.

Much obliged!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: