cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cross posting

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is there any way of removing posts that have been cross posted into multiple forums so that it is only left in one of the forums.

It's no big deal if it can't but it can be quite frustrating when you have the same post in multiple forums and each gets some answers.

Jon

5 Replies 5

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Jon,

We do ask users not to cross post as it doesn't add value to the community. Our policy is to remove the duplicates if they are found prior to any responses. The problem is if we remove a conversation that already has responses there are unintended consequences.

1. The respondent obviously spent time and effort crafting the response and it wouldn't be fair to delete their efforts

2. If there are ratings associated with the response and it's removed those points will be lost.

I'm not sure we can really do much to prevent this. That said, I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

How about spam?

This twit:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Career%20Certifications&topic=Certifications&topicID=.ee702b1&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd249f2

posted his spam in (at least) six forums.

I responded to all that I found. Feel free to remove the posts even though I responded to them, even if they're rated.

Does NetPro have a BAN policy for spam like this?

Thanks!

Scott

Hi Scott,

Our user policy clearly states NO solicitation of any business is allowed on NetPro. All his posts have been removed and the user been notified. If further action is needed be assured we'll take it. We will not allow NetPro to become a haven for spam.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Thanks Dan. Great job, per usual!

"That said, I'm open to suggestions."

When it happens, perhaps a method to link the cross posts? Ideally see all on same page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links