cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

silent ringtone for cisco ip phones

kraghavansag
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a silent ringtone (no music) for cisco ip phones based on the specs given below. What is happening is the phone accepts the raw file (from the edited distinctive ring list). For every ring, there seems to be a clicking sound. Is there a way to fix it?

PCM File Requirements for Custom Ring Types

The PCM files for the rings must meet the following requirements for proper

playback on Cisco IP Phones:

• Raw PCM (no header)

• 8000 samples per second

• 8 bits per sample

• ulaw compression

• Maximum ring size-16080 samples

• Minimum ring size-240 samples

• Number of samples in the ring evenly divisible by 240

• Ring starts and ends at the zero crossing.

• To create PCM files for custom phone rings, you can use any standard audio

editing packages that support these file format requirements.

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

for silent ring, just use the DND softkey.

I don't see it in softkey template. Am I missing anything here? or is it only for IP Manager Assistant?

I was able to create a silent ringtone with 2 software and used it successfully on a few ip phones. Posting it in case someone needs it for their use.

Thanks Kraghavansag for file sharing.

I was looking for same.

Regards

Instead of making a silent ring tone why not set the ring setting under the Directory Number configuration of the device to flash only. This would achieve the same thing and be much simpler.

Hi Ben, Will you please the information about how to make ringtone flash only.

i have two extension and I want to make one extension ringtone flash only.

Goto Devie > Phone, find your phone and open the device configuration. Then click on the line configuration. Near the bottom of the screen of device configuration you will find LINE # on Device SEPMACADDRESS. In there you have two settings, RING Setting (Phone Idle) and Ring Setting (Phone Active). They will most likely say Use System Default. Click the dropdown and select Flash Only. Save and Apply settings, now every call that comes in will flash the phone voicemail indicator light on the phone and not play a ringtone. 

Another trick I have picked up which gives the end user the ability to have a ring tone when they want, or to have no ringtone and only flash when they want. On the device setup, search for the Do Not Disturb configuration, approx halfway down the screen. Change the DND Incoming Call Alert, which is probably set to <NONE> to Flash only. Save and apply the configuration. Now end user can put phone in DND mode, and it will only flash the call indicator light for calls. If they take it out of DND mode it will ring like normal. 

actually it depends on the version, 6.x and above have DND as a standalone feature

previous versions do require IPMA to use DND

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

is there a document on cisco site which says that? I am unable to find any regarding the version difference.

I would take javalen word as autoritative, it's his job after all.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsdnd.html

thank you so much. I was not looking at the right direction.

On the other hand, the wiki entry should be amended.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: