ACS 4.1 cannot set IP

Unanswered Question
Feb 23rd, 2009

i have reset the ACS Appliance, after that i cannot set the IP address. it return error when i try to set the IP address. any solution?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
smallu Tue, 02/24/2009 - 11:19

Hi There,

My guess is that you want to know the part number and the version number for an ACS appliance, is that correct?

Here it is..

Part Number: CSACSE-1113-K9

Software version: ACSv4.2.0.124-BIN-K9.zip

Hope this helps!

Srinivas.

ansalaza Tue, 02/24/2009 - 10:42
smallu Tue, 02/24/2009 - 11:33

Hi There,

In order to resolve this issue, make sure that Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine (ACS SE) is connected to a Ethernet connection that works before you set or change the IP address of your ACS SE.

Complete these steps in order to reconfigure the IP:

1. Log in to the ACS SE. Refer to the Logging In to the Solution Engine From a Serial Console section of Administering Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/secursw/ps5338/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008070c61b.html#wp1042941

2. Type set ip, and then press Enter.

3. At the Use Static IP Address [Y]: prompt, type Y for yes or N for No, and then press Enter.

4. If you answered No to the use of a static IP address, the system displays a confirmation of DHCP and the message IP Address is reconfigured. Continue the procedure with step 5.

If you responded Yes in the previous step to use a static IP address:

1. In order to specify the ACS SE IP address, at the IP Address [xx.xx.xx.xx]: prompt, type the IP address, and then press Enter.

2. At the Subnet Mask [xx.xx.xx.xx]: prompt, type the subnet mask, and then press Enter.

3. At the Default Gateway [xx.xx.xx.xx]: prompt, type the default gateway, and then press Enter.

4. At the DNS Servers [xx.xx.xx.xx]: prompt, type the address of any DNS servers you intend to use (separate each by a single space), and then press Enter.

Result: The system displays the new configuration information and the message:

IP Address is reconfigured.

5. Review the information presented and, at the Confirm the changes? [Y]: prompt, press Enter.

Result: The ACS SE restarts. The system displays the message:

New ip address is set.

Refer to the Reconfiguring the Solution Engine IP Address section of Administering Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/secursw/ps5338/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008070c61b.html#wp1109621

Hope this helps!

Srinivas.

Actions

This Discussion