Helpful
Replies

V-LAN ROUTING ISSUE ???

afzaal.qadir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

GOOOODMorning

I am facing an issue that i have a network in 5 building with different V-LANs, The problem is that they are not communiating on WAN. for example i want ping buildind A PC of Same Vlan from building B they not respomding.

Plz find the Attcahed Config files of building A & building B routers you will understand better..

thanks n regards

16 Replies 16

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I see that you are a "student". Is there someone more senior in charge of this network?

Reason I ask, a certain level of technical education is necessary when dealing with business network, in order to avoid disrupting mistakes.

Hi,

I am professionalas well i am student here in france in master so i have created this new account. so you can discuss with me. no problem.

hi,

With Some More detial i have not provided in my question because i have attached the files.

EIGRP 100 is running.

4 Vlans are Devlop , Graph. , Print server & common server.

i have created 4 subinterface on for each vlan. same as in other building. for your refernce files are attached.

regards

hi

Any Document or help ??? i will be very greatfull to you.

regards

Any switches you are using connected to these routers please provide the configurations for.

Yes

I have two L2 switches connected to with routers and with 4 vlans on each switch and intervlan routing is enable.

i will send you the config file later.

regards

Are these in two physical buildings or in a lab setup?

Hi

still in lab after the design than we shift to toword implementation phase.

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Afzaal,

you are professional, Aren't you??

why then you want to summarize at majour Network boundaries, By enabling EIGRP (Auto-summary), you told Eigrp To summarize at major Network boundaries. If you check the routing table at both routers (A+B), you wont find the most specific Network for each path, Meaning , uou will find all Networks is being summarized to its default Class.

HTH

Mohamed

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Afzaal,

Its not only that, the result from the lAB is FAIL while you should pass, the company should fire you with NULL of reputation.

Do as isuggested, Configure (no auto-summary) under the eigrp process and you should go..

HTH

Mohamed

Hi,

Thanks for your all suggestions 1ST i have written STUDENT there was objection than i write prefessional agian sweet comments ,,, no problem i am here for learning,,,, and it was mistake i have already correct it with no auto summary.

so i have attached my switches configuration so plz chk it and suggest me a solution

thanks n regard

If your planning on using this configuration in two seperate buildings it won't work without bridging. Not recommended. I'm assuming that's your purpose of the fa0/0 interface is to simulate a wide area link.

The reason your getting so much slack is because the config could be .... well ..... better. I believe bashing someone instead of helping isn't the answer. That being said. If your intent is 2 building seperated by a wan link the config is attached. If not please post how you want this configured. This post are the routers.

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

afzaal,

The best thing in life to learn from your mistake, there is no point in life if aperson cant learn how to correct his fault which is actually the worst.Its not bad if you are here to learn, The Netpro Forum is an excellent source of learning too besides reading.

We all started from Scratch , be my self , I learned alot from lots of Seniors here.

Going back to ur subject, The routers are interconnected with both switches right? could you confirm connectivity between ur Wan Interfaces?

HTH

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed.

Nice to see you and your comments your right as i have stated that i am here for learning you right and i have great respect for you people becoz you people always provide good and excelent tips which very very helpfull,

yes my both routers are connected with 192.168.1.0/30 & pinging each other.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco