Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoView 6.1.2

icolakicolak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm running LMS 2.5 with CiscoView 6.1.2 on Win Server 2003.

There are several 2811 routers in the network. Only one makes problems - not showing vwic interface - colored in grey and no actions can be taken.

There isn't appropriate device package installed, but all other 2811 routers ack as there is.

I couldn't find Device Package for 2811 routers for CiscoView 6.1.2 so I'd appreciate if anyone could post a link to it, or confirm there is no adequate package.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ivan

13 Replies 13

icolakicolak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

My mistake. There is Catalyst2800 Device Package installed. That's why all routers except one are fully available in CiscoView. But, for one router I can't get vwic interface information.

Regards,

Ivan

Make sure you have the latest version of the Rtr2800, SharedRouter, CVGenericPackage, and NGMARShare packages loaded. they are:

Rtr2800 8.0

Routershare 1.1

CVGenericPackage 1.1

NGMARShare 1.5

Hi jclark!

I did what you suggested, but vwic is stil colored in grey. Although, I had two out of four packages already installed.

The thing is, only one router makes problems. The rest of routers are shown as expected.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Ivan

This could be an IOS bug in the ENTITY-MIB. Please post a screenshot of the problem and the show ver from this device.

Hi jclark!

Please find files you requested attached.

Regards,

Ivan

These screenshots are the same. I don't see any version information. However, if the problem is the lack of port state indication, and lack of LED lights, the problem is most likely not with the ENTITY-MIB. Do you actually have other 2800s with this same VWIC showing up correctly? If so, what is different between the working and non-working 2800s?

Hi jclark,

sorry for posting wrong file.

This time, I hava attached three files - two different locations (routers).

Pula2811.txt is for already uploaded pic.

Regards,

Ivan

Please post an SNM Walk of the ifTable from both of these routers.

Hi jclark!

As you requested, snmpwalk files are attached.

Regards,

Ivan

These look okay. Please send walks of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.11 and 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.117 from both routers.

Hi jclark!

You can find 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.11 walks attached. The other OID, 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.117, does not exist - no info on router.

Regards,

Ivan

This looks good, too. You may have found a bug. I don't have a 2800, or a router with this module with which to test. I suggest you open a TAC service request so more analysis can be done.

That said, I did find a similar CiscoView case concerning your same module. The symptoms are not the same, but a bug concerning this module was discovered (CSCsh53044). The fix is in 12.4(12). If possible, you may want to try to upgrade the problem router, and see if this issue goes away.

Hi jclark!

Thank you for your time and help. Sure, I'll open a TAC case.

Regards,

Ivan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: