Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 5.2.110.0 problem (Win2003 Server)

PetriSignal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having a minor problem with WCS v.5.2.110.0. WCS is working correctly, but when I log off from the server, WCS stops.

WCS software is running as service and there is no other software running on the server. The system requirements and Windows updates are ok.

Any advice?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi PetriSignal

We experienced this exact same issue on a Windows 2003 Server. It is apparently a known issue with all advertised 5.2 releases. The Bug ID = CSCsx34113

We have found no workaround for it so have had to go back to 5.1 until Cisco release a fix.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Sounds like a server security or resource management setting is shutting down the database engine when you log off. Make sure IIS was not installed.

There is no IIS on that server. The server was installed from scratch, so the security and resource management settings are on (Win2003) defaults. It must be some Windows setting, but I don't know where to start looking..

Hi PetriSignal

We experienced this exact same issue on a Windows 2003 Server. It is apparently a known issue with all advertised 5.2 releases. The Bug ID = CSCsx34113

We have found no workaround for it so have had to go back to 5.1 until Cisco release a fix.

Hope that helps.

Thanks 7r-levey. That explains a lot. I'll have to downgrade back to 5.1 or just use 'Lock computer' feature.

Hey all,

I found a workaround that might work for some. Create a scheduled task, that runs startserver.bat in the /bin directory.

That starts the WCS server without you having to log in. Hence it wont stop when you log out :)

Hope it helps

/Kelvin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: