cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax send fax with wrong Calling number. VG224

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

When I try send fax - other side user receive fax with wrong number on the header title. But when I try to call needed number - that I used to send fax, the number is OK.

What is wrong in this way?

2 Replies 2

Michael Hanes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VG224 using either fax relay or passthrough as a transport option does not manipulate the image data and these headers are part of the image data. The fax pages are simply passed straight through by the VG224 using the configured fax transport method.

The headers at the tops of fax pages are programmed into individual fax machines. Different brands have different options for how these headers are configured and what information they contain. You will need to check the manuals for these fax machines to resolve this issue.

The only exception to this would be if T.37 Store and Forward fax is being used. With T.37, the voice gateway can make changes to the headers on fax pages.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fax/configuration/guide/vf_t37_str-fwd_fax_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1090687

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David

You may have a calling party mask defined in CUCM for the number, or the incorrect station-id configured on the voice port, depending on your call flow.

This problem shouldn't be specific to fax like Dave said, unless you're using T.37.

You should be able to reproduce the problem by calling a cell phone or another IP phone, to narrow the problem down.

-nick