cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices coming up unknown

didentx01
Level 1
Level 1

We have some Cisco 7606's coming up unknown in the DCR. We are running LMS 2.6. Is there a patch for LMS 2.6 that will have that module so we can manage the device in Ciscoworks?

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the sysObjectIDs of these routers? What version of Common Services and RME are you running?

LMS 2.6, RME 4.0.5. As far as the OID's for these devices, where could I get that info? I pretty new to CW.

Go to Device Center > SNMP Walk. Specify a starting OID of "sysObjectID".

Will try that. Thanks!

Performed an SNMP Walk and the following was the ouput:

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0=OID:CISCO-SMI::ciscoProducts.863

Support for the 7606-S was added in RME 4.0.6. You need to upgrade to Common Services 3.0.6 (downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cd-one-3des ), then upgrade to RME 4.0.6 from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update. When on RME 4.0.6, go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and download and install all available updates for Common Services and RME.

Thanks. We have DFM and IPM loaded as well. Do I need to upgrade those modules?

I'm sorry, Campus Manager as well. Thanks!

Updates are available for Campus Manager and DFM as well. they can be downloaded the same way as RME. the latest version of DFM is 2.0.12, and the latest version of Campus Manager is 4.0.12.

I may need to mention that our server does not have access to the web. We are on a closed network.

It will be much more inconvenient, but all of the software and device updates can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml .

Thank you! Should have mentioned that earlier, no access towe from servers. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: