Views
Helpful
Replies

switch free ports reports

draganskundric
Level 1
Level 1

hi

can I get report from cisco works that will tell me on which switches I have how many free ports?

br

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can depending on the version of LMS. If you have Campus Manager 5.0 or higher, go to Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Report Generator, and choose the desired Switch Port Report. The Switch Port Capacity (or Utilization) or Switch Port Summary reports will tell you what you want.

and I don't. I have 4.0.12.

Unfortunately, this report is not available in Campus 4.0. You can, however, get a list of ports that are unused (either administratively up or down). These reports are available under Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Report Generator > Switch Port Usage.

Hi, I'm using the reports that you mention but get "no records found" when selecting some devices (Switch PortReport Reclaim Unused Up) but not others, even though I know that device has ports that are administratively up but have never been connected.

The devices that aren't producing the report will provide a port summary report and attached users without problems.

I'm running CWLMS 5.2

Can anyone help please?

Thank you in advance.

Please start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: