Views
Helpful
Replies

switch free ports reports

draganskundric
Level 1
Level 1

hi

can I get report from cisco works that will tell me on which switches I have how many free ports?

br

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can depending on the version of LMS. If you have Campus Manager 5.0 or higher, go to Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Report Generator, and choose the desired Switch Port Report. The Switch Port Capacity (or Utilization) or Switch Port Summary reports will tell you what you want.

and I don't. I have 4.0.12.

Unfortunately, this report is not available in Campus 4.0. You can, however, get a list of ports that are unused (either administratively up or down). These reports are available under Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Report Generator > Switch Port Usage.

Hi, I'm using the reports that you mention but get "no records found" when selecting some devices (Switch PortReport Reclaim Unused Up) but not others, even though I know that device has ports that are administratively up but have never been connected.

The devices that aren't producing the report will provide a port summary report and attached users without problems.

I'm running CWLMS 5.2

Can anyone help please?

Thank you in advance.

Please start a new thread for your issue.