Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone registration

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

I have ccm 7.0 to install.

It is a single cluster over the wan. There are 3 sites and each site will have its own subscriber. I want the phones at each site to register with the relevant site subscriber and use the local server as the call processor.

I understand that i will need to create ccm groups, and that the phones get a list of CUCM's from the tftp server xml file.

But how does the xml file get created? how does it know the right subscriber for each site?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

that's not possible without you doing some config

autoregistered devices use the default device pool you configured. ALL DEVICES USE THE SAME DEVICE POOL. thus the same CUCM group

once they register you need to change the Device pool manually

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

After creating the CCM-Groups, I would continuing by creating 3 different Device Pools(DP), one for each site and select the appropriate DP in the phone configuration page.

MK

the files get created automatically, you don't even need to worry about that. just configure using CCMadmin

HTH

java

HTH

java

many thanks for the feedback, but i don't understand how a phone will know which is the primary server to register to?

If I have a subscriber at each site (3 sites) I want to have the phone register to the relevant server for that site.

I have 3 dhcp scopes setup on the database.

If I then setup 3 ccmgroups and 3 device pools.

each CCM sub is setup for auto register

How can you determine that each phone will auto register with the correct CCM sub.

Let's say you create 3 CallManage groups(CCMGrpA, CCMGrpB, CCMGrpC) and 3 Device Pools( DP1, DP2, DP3). In the CallManager group configuration page, from the "Available Cisco Unified CallManagers" you select the right CCM-Sub and drop it into the "Selected Cisco Unified CallManagers". Then in the Device Pool configuration page, select the right CCMGrp, let's say you select the CCMGrpA for the DP1. In the phone configuration page from the Device Pool drop down menu you select the DP1. The configured phone will register with CCMgrpA which has the IP address/Name of the desired CCM-Sub.

MK

Apologies if I am not explaining very clearly, I understand the config you mentioned. That is for phones that have already registered, I want the devices to auto register with the correct server.

In other words before any devices are registered

that's not possible without you doing some config

autoregistered devices use the default device pool you configured. ALL DEVICES USE THE SAME DEVICE POOL. thus the same CUCM group

once they register you need to change the Device pool manually

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: