cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7x dial plan issue's

darynr123
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way within Unity 7x to seperate 4 digit extensions that are duplicated due to different locations and conflicting dial plans?

We have 2 global locations using 1 Unity 7x server all the CUCM config is clear, but the issues are relating to the mailbox settings and DN's that are duplicate.

I see in Unity connection there is options for partitions and Search spaces but not in Unity 7x.

MWI can be seperated through switch settings that can be configured for this purpose?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

should i assume you rated me 1 because the product cannot do what you want and i told you????

java

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that means you need 2 integrations for 2 MWI numbers and NO, unique numbers in Unity

you'll have to add a digit on CUCM VM profile to differentiate them and configure a translation rule for MWI

there are several things CUC has and Unity doesn't, and viceversa. do not expect them to merge capabilities.

HTH

java

HTH

java

should i assume you rated me 1 because the product cannot do what you want and i told you????

java

HTH

java

Java,

Thanks for your reply and appologies if that hurt your feelings.

Rating 1 stated that is was not helpful in this situation.

There is no bad badness in it.

cheers

Just to be clear the rating system is not for you to register how happy an answer made you - the answer was completely correct and accurate and gave you what you needed to know - that's not a one star answer. You'll quickly find yourself not getting anything answered if folks don't think it'll put a smile on your face otherwise. Not cool.

And to be clear - Unity will never support partitions and search spaces. The database design for Connection was built from the ground up to fall more in line with Call Manager's data schema to support such things - Unity's data scheme was around long before we were aquired by Cisco and is not going to be able to handle this type of directory segementation.

+5 Java ...I think there was just a little mix-up here :)

Cheers!

Rob

Guy's,

I have realised I didn't score correctly and was inconsiderate with my response.

Appologies to java.

Is there way to remove or alter this score to rectify this?

Regards

Hey Daryn,

No worries! The ratings system takes a little getting used to :) Why don't you rate Java's second post with a nice rating. For future reference, most people just refrain from rating a post which doesn't work for them (no 1's and 2's) I personally only rate 5's ...if it's worth anything it's probably worth a 5.

Just my 2 cent$ Keep on participating here, it's an extremely great resource!

Cheers!

Rob

i don't believe there is a way to change a rating but you can do as Rob says.

Don't worry about it, no hard feelings

I'm glad you realized that all the guys here are trying to help. I also sometimes rate other people's posts even if i was not involved in the discussion but if i learn something new i'll definitely think it deserves a +5 from me.

just 2 weeks ago a was in a similar situation on which another NetPro asked about how to configure the timeout for CCMAdmin on CUCM 6.X, i told him that it was not possible (there's an enhancement request for this). he was kind enough to tell me

"well, that really doesn't help me (not your fault) how should i rate this"

i simply told him to not to shoot the messenger, i only tell my customers and guys netpro how things can be done or how they work (even if they don't expect the answer or don't like it). simply leave it like this, no rating.

that was the end, he got the info, and no rating for anyone on the thread.

for example, Rob gave +5 when i posted the enhancement for the CCMAdmin timeout =)

i think that if someone tries to help, you need to show appreciation towards him, otherwise it will be as Jeff said. if it doesn't make you happy and a 1-2 rating is expected simply no one will reply to your posts

Keep posting on NetPro but always keep in mind someone is taking some time out of their work to read your post, look for information and reply to you trying to help.

java

HTH

java

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm assuming you are using site codes to dial between the sites with duplicate extensions correct?

Site A x4000

Site B x 4000

Site A Site Code: 100

Site B site code: 200

To dial A to B: user dials 200-4000 Correct?

If so, you will need to create the Subscriber mailboxes with 7 digit numbers. In each partition/CSS, you will need to have MWI on/off and also Translation patterns (already for calling between sites should be).

You also need to turn on a service in the CUCM parameters for MWI to look at Translation patterns FIRST. What happens, Unity tries to dial 2004000 to turn on the MWI and of course, that's not an extension. But in the PT/CSS you have a translation pattern to strip the 200, ring 4000.

Anyways, that is how i do it for large deployments and seems to work well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: