Views
Helpful
Replies

Two ssids attached to one vlan

uosambela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys!

I have created a second Ssid attached to one vlan. the security parameters are the same on each one.

The devices associated to the first Ssid, the broadcasted one, works fine.

But those who are associated to the second one, the hidden one, have got some problems: the speed of the link decreases so much.

Is this a normal behaviour?

The client wanted to be configured in the way it is.

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How have you determined the link of the hidden ssid? What is the PHY rates? Are you using the same type of clients on bith ssids?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi friend!

That's the scenario:

This client has some Intermec Handheld reader and iniatially, with just one ssid (wpa2-psk aes), they were working correctly. Then I created a second one to migrate the handhelds from one to another profile gradually, (wpa2-psk aes).

They are working on 802.11g so fine.

I gave the client the new profile credentials (wpa2psk aes) and told him to remove the old credentials from the handhelds and create the new ones, so he can associate to the new ssid while other handhelds keep associated with old credentials.

Some handhelds has just the old profile and others the new one.

Hope it helps.

thank you very much.

So you are using the same SSID as well? What is the security of each ssid?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi gstefanick!

I'm sorry for the misunderstood.

The SSIDs are diferent.

Security is the same for each SSID:

WPA2-psk aes cipher.

Can you touch on how you determined there is a issue with bandwidth between the two?

Thanks

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: