cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"-" in telephony number of Corporate Directory

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large national site deployment where I'm using 8-digit inter-site dialing per SRND. 8-XXX-YYYY, where 8 represent on-net dialing, XXX=site code and YYYY is Site DNs.

(Translation patterns allow for 4-digit intrasite dialing).

For aesthetic reasons, I'd like to put the number in the corporate directory/User with the dashes: 8-237-5555. However, it appears that CUCM actually tries to dial the dashes. Is there some enterprise parameter or some other way to pull the dashes out, when dialing from the IP phone corporate directory?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is that the latest load? I cant remember. I had problems with the 7916 expansion modules not loading. Combo of firmwares, and tftp restarts, etc. seems like out of the box 7.0, upgrade the phones firmwares for sure!

good luck!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the phone firmware... I had a CUCM 7.x out of the box, and the phones were failing on the dialing the corp directory because of the dash. I upgraded the firmware and it corrected itself.

It seemed to work on IP communicator (if I remember right) but failed on 7945/65/75 phones until I updated the firmware.

Cheers

That will be the second problem I've had with SCCP 8.4.1SR1S.

Good suggestion- I'll give it a whirl!

Mike.

Is that the latest load? I cant remember. I had problems with the 7916 expansion modules not loading. Combo of firmwares, and tftp restarts, etc. seems like out of the box 7.0, upgrade the phones firmwares for sure!

good luck!

That was it! The version I uploaded to was 8.4-1 SR3. Amazing!

Thanks!

sweet. Glad it worked for you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: