cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk...

snickered
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get some basic functionality from a test SIP trunk I've ordered from my carrier. I have created a dial-peer like:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 8005551122

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.1.1

session transport tcp

Then I enabled sip-ua and 'show sip service' verifies it. I can see the call come in from the carrier with 'debug ccsip' and it even matches my dial-peer when I look at 'debug dialpeer'. For some reason packets are never forwarded to the 'session target'.

What are some other things I can check? TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Without access to 12.3T code you won't be able to access these commands.

To check if you're in the right place, check your IOS version naming against one in either category.

-nick

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

You may need:

voice service voip

allow sip-to-sip

allow sip-to-h323

Otherwise, your TCP port 5060 on 10.1.1.1 may not be open and the connection is failing. Make sure they're expecting TCP to begin with.

You can check 'debug voip dialpeer' to make sure it's hitting that dial peer.

-nick

Thanks for the reply Nick. I don't have those commands:

AS5300#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

AS5300(config)#voice service voip

AS5300(conf-voi-serv)#allow ?

% Unrecognized command

AS5300(conf-voi-serv)#allow

It looks like those commands aren't supported on the AS5300. Am I right about this?

If that's the case then what can this router do in the way of SIP?

This looks like your IOS isn't very recent. In order to send a SIP call via a H323 or SIP dial peer you would need the related commands.

These are the exact commands:

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

I would upgrade to 12.4(15)T8 on the 5300, and make sure you're on code that includes voice.

-nick

I can't get on anything 12.4. I can't even get on 12.3T from the looks of it. I have an AS5300 not AS5350. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Without access to 12.3T code you won't be able to access these commands.

To check if you're in the right place, check your IOS version naming against one in either category.

-nick

Yeah... looks like I'm not able to install that IOS. I also got this about 'voice service':

Cisco IOS Release 12.3(4)T, Cisco IOS Release 12.3, and Earlier Releases

This command is used to allow connections between specific types of endpoints in a Cisco multiservice IP-to-IP gateway. The command is enabled by default and cannot be changed. Connections to or from POTS endpoints are not allowed. Only H.323-to-H.323 connections are allowed.

So, does that mean I can't even do POTS-to-SIP? The AS5300 doesn't seem like much of a gateway to me.

I'm not sure what part of the command reference that is for, but you should be able to do POTS-SIP (I can't say with certainty). The 5300 is an older gateway, and it is going to lack a large portion of the new features though.

-nick

Well, I can't figure it out. I'm going to start another thread. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: