cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost ringtones after upgrading to new 7.0.2

5lchaffin
Level 1
Level 1

My customer lost all but two ringtones on the ip phones after we upgraded to 7.0.2. Any ideas of how to get all of the ringtones back to the ip phones?

26 Replies 26

5lchaffin
Level 1
Level 1

The ringtones and files are all on the flash and below is the config from the flash. Ring tones still will not show up even after reset of phones. I tried to drag and drop a new ringtone in to the CCA but it wodl not take a raw file for some reason?

tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Analog1.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Analog2.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/AreYouThere.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/AreYouThereF.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Bass.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/CallBack.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Chime.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Classic1.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Classic2.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/ClockShop.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/DistinctiveRingList.xml
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Drums1.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Drums2.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/FilmScore.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/HarpSynth.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Jamaica.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/KotoEffect.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/MusicBox.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Piano1.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Piano2.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Pop.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Pulse1.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Ring1.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Ring2.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Ring3.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Ring4.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Ring5.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Ring6.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Ring7.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/RingList.xml
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Sax1.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Sax2.raw
tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Vibe.raw
!
control-plane

Larry,

There is a short document that may help you at https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1477

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Douglas Smith

all of the files are there on the flash, still not working. I tried to drag and drop files in the CCA just to put new ones on but said it would not allow that file type. It is the raw file type for the ring tones and xml for the file. Any other ideas?

Larry,

Just to verify were both ring list files working before the upgrade to 7.0.2, and are you using CCA1.9? Finally can you send me a copy of your ringList.xml, DistinctiveRingList.xml files so I can see that the structure looks correct.

Regards,

Douglas Smith

Yes to all your questions and the zip file is attached.

This is what the customer just sent.

but still only seeing “Chirp1” and “Chirp2” as the available ringers.

Larry,

I would just perform the IOS upgrade again and just do the CME portion.  It will replace everything, TFTP the correct files up and replace them and also setup the correct XML files.

Did you try

"create CNF-files" command under the "telephony Service" portion of the CLI?

Then type "reset" under "telephony service" and it will reset all of the phones.

tell me if that works.

Maybe I´m totally wrong, but have you tried tftp-server flash:/ringtones/Ring1.raw alias Ring1.raw ???

Regards

Eivind

Douglas Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Larry,

I'm able to reproduce the problem and I'm working to find the resolution, I'll post as soon as possible.

Regards,

Douglas Smith

The customer is also having issues with the ip 7935 conf phone after the upgrade. After one call you cannot use the hold, transfer or any other button or function after anwserign the call. So they cannot make and conf calls with it. I have reset it, checked the load and version and they are right. So we have this issue also after the upgrade. Ther buttons are very hard to use when dialing also, if you take more than on second to hit a number while dialing it dials the number.

can you look at this issue with the 7936 also?

Larry,

Regarding the problem your having with the 7935/36 phone buttons I see a similar post titled UC520 and Cisco 7937 Conference Phone is this a new problem or are you still working on the same issue? If its the same issue I'd like to add any new details to the original post.

In my lab I see the 7936 phone running load cmterm_7936.3-3-15-0.bin working with no trouble. Please verify the load your using by using the following commands

On the 7936 select the menu button -> scroll down to Admin setup -> hit select button on right -> enter passcode  **#  is default ->  system info -> App load ID

also you can verify the load on the UC using the below commands.

Verify the 7936 load is on flash  ( I was able to drag and drop this file using CCA)

UC520#dir *7936*

41  -rw-     1763446  Dec 23 2008 11:51:40 -08:00  cmterm_7936.3-3-15-0.bin

Verify the tftp is set for the correct load

UC520#show run | include 7936
tftp-server flash:cmterm_7936.3-3-15-0.bin
load 7936 cmterm_7936.3-3-15-0
type 7936

Verify the load is downloaded when the 7936 is reset.

UC520#debug tftp packets

Dont forget to  #undebug all   when finished!

The log will show something similar to this

Feb 26 20:04:00.714: %IPPHONE-6-REG_ALARM: 22:Name=SEP0004f2e3dd1e Load=cmterm_7936.3-3-15-0 Last=Reset-Reset

Regards,

Douglas Smith

I opened a Cisco tac case SR 610919031, the customer has issues when he call parks a call on the 7936. No call park number shows up, also he has an issue with transfer. If you transfer to a wrong number you get a busy signal. Then when you hit resume call it drop the call. You cannot bring the call back. The 7936 is running the latest code.

Hello Mr. Chaffin,

I just wanted to let you know that I already contacted the escalation point in order to consult this issue with them basically because everything on the debug seems to be normal. I recreate the issue on my lab and got the exact same result as the  original issue. As soon as they contact me back I'll get back to you.

Best regards.

Mario Abarca

Multi Voice Services

Cisco TAC Engineer

sorry running the latest code on the UC520. for IOS also.

Larry,

This is the way to proceed here. I was unable to find outstanding bugs for this issue. Maybe the TAC engineer will have better luck, or will create a new software defect to track your problem. I'll keep an eye on the case.

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: