cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 6.0.5 Exchange 2007 calendar integration

Michael Gross
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with UCMBE 6.1.3 with CUPS 6.0.5 trying to connect to an Exchange 2007 server for calendar. Normal presence status information and IM is all working. The problem is with calendar status not appearing in the CUPC. The cert is installed and passes the troubleshooter.

The Exchange server is 2007 but is in mixed mode with 2003 due to a requirement for BES to work. I'm told FBA is disabled. I know I've read that 2007/2003 in mixed mode with FBA won't work, but I think 2007/2003 without FBA is supposed to work.

My user account can open other calendars and we've verified all the permissions from the Cisco documentation. Looking at trace logs it seems like CUPS is connecting to exchange but isn't seeing what it thinks it should.

Is the link Cisco provides in the older 2003 documentation (connecting to /exchange/user/calendar) supposed to work for 2007?

From what I understand in 2007 they've changed to /owa instead of /exchange, but /exchange is supposed to redirect to /owa for backwards compatibility. But /exchange for me isn't doing that.

There is something I'm missing here but am out of ideas at the moment.

Thanks,

Mike

25 Replies 25

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you sure CUPS/CUCM can resolve the name on the cert correctly? Open up CLI and ping the cert name. IE mail.exchange.com (or whatever the cert name is)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, both UCM and CUPS can ping the exchange server by name. I just tested again on both servers to verify the fact.

Did you change the server name in CUPS after install? Sometimes this screws up the server in the CERT sections.

Also, do you have the incoming/outgoing ACL set to all?

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

To troubleshoot the problem, we need Presence Engine logs (in detailed). Try the following:

1) Set Presence Engine tracing to detailed.

2) Restart Presence Engine.

3) Log into CUPC

4) Get presence engine logs and upload here.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

I did change the server name in server configuration after the install from just the hostname to the fqdn (cups.customerdomain.com). I don't think this is causing the problem, or at least I haven't seen indication of that in any logs.

Yes, I set incoming and outgoing ACL to all.

Attached are traces I gathered with Presence Engine trace set to detailed.

I ordered your book yesterday Michael. I'm looking forward to it. I like the blog too. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Mike

From PE logs:

Exchange Server Transaction Failed: SUBSCRIBE sip:jlawless@es2.customerdomain.com:443 404 Resource Not Found - noresource

Questions:

1) Is es2.customerdomain.com the actual domain on Exchange? If not, what's the actual domain?

2) Go to CUCM Admin > User Management > End User > jlawless. What's the value of "Mail ID" field? Is it editable?

Thanks!

Michael

I did a mass replace on the trace files of the actual domain name to customerdomain.com to keep a little privacy. But es2.customerdomain.com is the name of the exchange 2007 server, not the name of the domain of the users.

Yes, I can modify the Mail ID field. I'm guessing that needs to match the exchange mail ID. The UCM is Business Edition so it's not sync'd with ldap. The CUPS is integrated with ldap. I have the user ID on UCM matching the AD/LDAP as is required.

I'll give that a shot and test.

Thanks!

Mike

You don't have to modify the "Mail ID" field in CUCM. It should work by default.

I would recommend you disable/enable calendar from CUPC to refresh the configuration:

1) Go to CUPC > File > Preference > Status.

2) Uncheck "Show me as in a meeting". Save.

3) Exit and re-launch CUPC to make sure it was unchecked.

4) Make that option checked.

5) Exit and re-launch CUPC to make sure it was check.

Test and collect logs again.

Michael

Thanks. Although I guess it isn't necessary, I did modify the mail ID to match the actual mail ID of the user in exchange and it didn't have any better result.

I had the user follow your instructions for unchecking, exiting, checking, exiting, and I am still not getting meeting info. The logs are looking a little different, but something still isn't right. Attached are trace logs.

Thanks!

Mike

still getting:

02/26/2009 16:10:20.817 EPE|system.pe.pa.owa.backend 455750 ERROR Exchange Server Transaction Failed: SUBSCRIBE sip:dthorne@es2.customerdomain.com:443 404 Resource Not Found

You have to work with Microsoft to find out why Exchange was not able to find dthorne@es2.customerdomain.com

Michael

Go to CUPS command line and run the command below:

run sql select * from PEResourceProfile where selectorid like '%dthorne%'

Post the screen output here.

Thanks!

Michael

I ran it against jlawless as that's the person I've been putting in a meeting and observing.

admin:run sql select * from PEResourceProfile where selectorid like '%jlawless%'

pkid iuid fkpepackage ikperesourceprofile tkperesourceauth tkperesourcetype tkpedefaultstatus_watcher watcheruriaclid tkpeauthpolicy_watcher fkenduser tkpedefaultstatus_winfo tkpeauthpolicy_presentity tkpeauthpolicy_winfo presentityuriaclid winfouriaclid selectorid fkpefilterinfo listid sourceid fkpedefaultdocument tkperesourceprofile ipid workhoursid devicelistid

==================================== ==== ==================================== ==================================== ================ ================ ========================= =============== ====================== ==================================== ======================= ========================= ==================== ================== ============= ======================================= ============== ====== ======== =================== =================== ==== =========== ============

1e9d6a98-e2f5-4969-b050-e2143f12f983 1143 17eb946a-75a2-4af4-a99a-079cb54c3a9f 1e9d6a98-e2f5-4969-b050-e2143f12f983 1 3 0 NULL 1 1bbc9b40-df0f-745a-d3f3-833461c9c1cb 0 1 1 NULL NULL sip:jlawless@calendar.customerdomain.com NULL -1 -1 NULL 4 104 -1 -1

admin:

Thanks!

Mike

I couldn't find any certificate transaction in the logs.

As requested couple days ago, could you do the following?

1) Set Presence Engine tracing to detailed.

2) Restart Presence Engine.

3) Log into CUPC

4) Get presence engine logs and upload here.

When you get the presence engine logs, make sure it covers the time you restarted the engine.

Thanks!

Michael

Attached are more logs. Looks like log 128 has the certificate loading. I was provided access into the exchange server and found FBA is enabled on the 2007 server but not on the 2003 server. Is this sounding like a problem with mixed mode and FBA? It isn't following the same pattern as the example of a problem with FBA in "Deploying Cisco Unified Presence" which shows a "Login Timeout" error.

The IIS logs on the server are showing this:

2009-02-27 18:19:36 W3SVC1 172.20.44.14 SUBSCRIBE /exchange/dthorne/calendar - 443 - 172.30.1.11 - 404 0 0

2009-02-27 18:19:36 W3SVC1 172.20.44.14 SUBSCRIBE /exchange/jlawless/calendar - 443 - 172.30.1.11 - 404 0 0

So it seems like cups is hitting exchange without a domain name in the url. I'm attaching a screenshot of the exchange owa authentication config. I had the customer change the setting to "User name only" and it didn't help either.

I found a program called DAV Explorer that seems like it should work to test WebDAV in this sort of situation. What I found is that if I point to the 2003 server (ES1) it tells me to redirect to ES2. When I hit it at ES2 I get the Login Timeout message which I assume does mean it's a webdav issue. Screenshots are in the attachment.

Thanks,

Mike Gross

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: