cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote site local calling choppy

steve.sarrick
Level 1
Level 1

I have a centralized CM 6.1 with two remote sites connected via VPN. The one site is having bad call quality on all calls - doesn't matter if they come in the pots or voip. Not sure why this is happening. When a call comes in local pots I plar to local extension 1300 which I have a VOIP dial peer that sends it to CM. After the call sets up, shouldn't the RTP stream be between the router and phone. Its almost behaving like the RTP stream is going over the VPN to the CM6.1 causing the choppy issues. I have tried G729 and G711 on the VOIP dialpeer and the call gets worse if I go to G711 (using more bandwidth). Am I missing something in order to keep this call local to the site?

3 Replies 3

lbjr
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get a resolution to this, I am having the same issue at a remote site with Local POTS Trunks, connected VPN back to CCM. I don't understand why after call setup the CCM would even be in the picture.

I ended up putting in a local transcoder at the remote site at G729 registered back to the CM and that seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for the quick response, but I kind of agree with you, if I am G711 and using my local resources, after call set up, how can the call manager effect the voice quality.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: