Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.5 to 7.0.2 VM only upgrade licensing

JimSJ
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about an upcoming Unity upgrade. First, we are going from Unity 4.0.5 vm only to Unity 7.0.2 vm only. We are currently on windows 2k and exchange 2k on box. We are staying on the same box. We aren't too concerned about backups as it was implemented as a proof of concept and has next to no users on it.

So, I am thinking this would be a good time to go to windows 2003 and exchange 2003 before we have to worry about lots of users on it. I have the Unity 7 upgrade licenses, and there's the existing 4.0 licenses. Question: As I understand to go from windows 2k to 2k3, i have to wipe and reinstall...once I wipe and reinstall, will the existing 4.x licenses plus the 7.x upgrade license get me up and running? Any other concerns besisdes licensing if i'm not too hung up on losing user config/data?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you are more or less doing a fresh install on the same hardware. So assuming you have all the software pre-requisites lined up for Unity 7.x (from the Service Pack DVD - run the Preparation Assistant it will make your life easier), then you should be good to go after you install the OS and Exchange. Just install both the 4.x license along with the 7.x upgrade license when you are prompted for the license during the installation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you are more or less doing a fresh install on the same hardware. So assuming you have all the software pre-requisites lined up for Unity 7.x (from the Service Pack DVD - run the Preparation Assistant it will make your life easier), then you should be good to go after you install the OS and Exchange. Just install both the 4.x license along with the 7.x upgrade license when you are prompted for the license during the installation.

That was it, thanks. The main concern I had was regarding licensing, whether it would take the existing 4.X licensing plus the 7.X upgrade licensing ok. Turns out we re-installed and it worked great with those two licenses.

thanks,

Jim